Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Another week bites the dust

We have officially run out of patience. The tank is empty I tell you!!!

I emailed the builder first thing on monday morning for an update, and to find out if anything was going to actually happen this week. Part of me really feels that they should be in helping to fight our battle with the council. Instead it feels like they're doing bugger all, other than telling us to wait - as our job is "in scheduling" for the magical 3 weeks (that has already passed).

I think what builders, councils and everyone involved needs to understand is that you're investing not only a whole lot of dollars in a project, but it encompasses your life - and to see things stagnating for weeks, no sorry, months on end is just not acceptable. I can't get away with a lack of performance at my work and I can't understand how it's not the same for them.

So after the builder told me they'd follow up with the council "this week" I decided to call the council (again) today. I spoke to the decent guy there - he must be a consultant - and in no uncertain terms I expressed my concerns with the progress our application has made to date aka a "whole lotta nuthin".

The champ did pull our application out of the box, and onto the desk though. Do you think its a sign???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails