Monday, April 12, 2010

Our floors are in!

Our flooring was installed last Friday!!!

I'm glad we dropped by because the tradies had left the sliding bedroom door, and fly screen WIDE open. A wandering dog from nearby was sniffing around too - I can imagine our place would be quite the nice toilet for him. Not impressed, sure they may have needed access but they could have closed it and just not locked it if that was the case.

Anyway, their bungle allowed us to have a quick peek at our flooring (bonus!!) before securing the place. 

The colour of the flooring ties in with the timber door really well (phew!!)






To be honest, it's better than I was expecting. The flooring selection has always niggled at me as in a perfect world I would have had my beautiful solid timber floors from the start. It just wasn't realistic and would mean we'd have to compromise on a lot of other things to have them, particularly given that we have hard floors throughout due to my allergies and our furry boys. Only the guest bedroom and cinema have carpets (can't mess with the acoustics!!).

Our blinds were supposed to be installed last week but obviously they were held up... as was the roof maintenance. We still have one row of roof tiles that haven't been completed (why!!!!???). We were told they'd be fixed last week, but that didn't happen. We now have a week of continuous rain forecast and the insulation and electrics are in with a roof that isn't watertight. Wonderful.

We were originally told that PCI (practical completion inspection for those lucky enough to not be building!) should be mid April, ie this week.

We still haven't been given a firm date but have been told to expect it somewhere between the 21st and 27th April, and that it should definitely be before the 30th. The builder then has 10 days to rectify any issues identified and key handover occurs after payment of the final invoice.

Working on that theory, we are anticipating handover somewhere between the 5th and 14th of May. The realist (pessimist?)  inside me tells me it will be after that.... we seem to have experienced a lot of delays along the way and I'm sure that the end will follow suit.

17th May is my 30th birthday. I want nothing more than to be in before then. Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails