Monday, November 9, 2009

burnouts

Friday evening we went to see our block and nothing at all had happened since 'the incident' with the portico. No deliveries whatsoever (boo!!)

In our travels on Saturday we ended up swinging past and it looked as though some bugger had been doing burnouts on our block. WHAT!!?? Turns out our brickies had been there and marked out where the bricks are actually going to go. We can actually see where the walls are going to go!

The lines in this pic show our front living area. To the right is the lounge room and the left is the kitchen and dining. Part of our bedroom is shown at the bottom right.


They've also fixed up all the sand and it's looking like something is going to happen verrrry soon.

Seeing the lines drawn has thrown me into a little spin... oh no have we done this right.. is this area too small... is it going to flow... argh!

I think it comes from us having designed our place ourselves - changing that entire front area to make the most of the park and not having a display home to walk through and say 'yep that's how we want it' and get that reassurance. There is nothing similar anywhere we've looked.

So we (I) have to trust our judgement and be confident that our house is going to be different - which is what we wanted in the first place!!

Anyway I really hope that the bricks arrive this week and things get moving. Michael is off to Karratha next week and I want him to see something happening before he goes. I'm so upset that he's going at this point in the build but 'you gotta do what you gotta do'. It will be a great boost to our savings etc etc... I miss him already :( we've never been apart this long and its really hitting home that he's going. It's only 3 or 4 weeks and I'll toughen up I promise!!!!! I won't turn this blog into a sook fest!

So yes, please brickies find some bricks and get cracking!! And please do a good job!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails